BEAS KUND TREK
Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Rated 4.9/5.0 on TripAdvisor. 550 Reviews
BEAS KUND TREK
The Beas Kund trek starts from Solang, the tourist destinations for adventure activities. The trail winds up through dense foliage of pine and rhododendron, green meadows, quaint hamlets and along the course of the Beas River. The best time for the trek is May through October, when higher elevations have a heavy layer of snow. The Beas Kund trek is a fantastic weekend excursion into Manali's hinterland. This quick trip takes you through a variety of terrains- large meadows, highland vegetation, rolling hills, cascading river, moraines, ice, and scree. The full splendor of the valley of Manali can be seen throughout the trail.
The first campsite on the trek is at Bakr Thach which is often used as the starting point for several climbing expeditions, hence usually crowded with trekkers and mountaineers. The trek from Bakr Thach till the gorgeous Lake of Beas Kund, becomes a bit tedious, over high ridges and expansive moraines. It provides a considerable height gain and an incredible experience for a novice at a height of 3700m/12140ft. The hike offers all aspects of high-altitude hiking in a pleasant way- perfect for introducing oneself to the world of hiking and mountaineering.
Hindus hold the Beas River in reverence, as it was created by Sage Ved Vyas, the author of the Mahabharata, from Beas Kund, the river's source. The Beas Kund, is a venerated place where one may wash away his/her evil feelings and replenish their minds with humility and honesty. Each visitor is overcome by a spiritual mood that permeates the sacred place. Huge mountain ranges with impressive peaks like Hanuman Tibba, Friendship, Shetidhar, Ladhakhi, and others surround the sanctified lake of Beas Kund. The Beas river itself flows for more than 500 kilometers before merging with the Sutlej River near Kapurthala in Punjab.
Cost Per Person
➽ Itinerary of Trek
By afternoon, arrive in Manali, do all the formalities, and then visit the city. We'll be staying in hotel rooms for the evening.
Pack everything you'll need for the stroll in order to be prepared for an adventure. After a hearty breakfast, we will take a vehicle to Solang, where we will start our trip to Dhundi, the last settlement along the road. Up till Dhundi, there is a project-built road; beyond that, we must bridge a river and take a route into the alpine woods. It's a leisurely walk along the Beas River as it flows among sloping meadows decorated with beautiful flora. The journey offers breathtaking valley colours that are appealing all day long. As the hills quickly level out along the ridgeline, the interesting Bakar Thach campsite becomes visible. For the most majority of climbing expeditions conducted in Manali, it serves as the departure point. Peaks is the ideal place to start an excursion since it is surrounded by many mountain ranges. We'll spend the night here and make camp. You may stroll about in the evening and observe the size of the enormous ranges of terrains luring one to appreciate the wonderful beauty.
We will ascend to Beas Kund today, a holy lake encircled by remote mountain ranges. A terrific day of trailing through large boulders, moraines, ice scree, and different terrain awaits. In order to reach the sacred Lake, we must first traverse a moraine region, then experience some mild ups and downs with a river to cross. We can see a lake at the foot of a mountain as we get closer to the end of the moraines. The approach to the lake is gentle with a little slope and follows the river. The lake is not very big, but being blessed spiritually is very important. The sage Beas wrote the epic Mahabharata while meditating here. Any feminine genders are not allowed to approach or go near the lake, which has been designated sacred. It is forbidden to yell trash in any way. Locals sometimes visit this location to offer prayers to the lake and the well-known sage Beas for prosperity and health. We'll have a quiet period before heading back to Bakar Thach. After arriving at the camp in the late afternoon, we'll relax with a warm cup of tea. Campgrounds will be where the evenings are spent.
After a leisurely breakfast, go to Solang before descending to Dhundi. At order to transport you to Manali, our vehicle will be waiting for you in Solang. In Manali, where the tour will come to a close, the group will disperse to visit their preferred locations.
Enquiry For Group Bookings
➽ Preparation for Trek
As you well know, the great Himalayan trek is one that requires careful preparation, a strategy that allows for enough flexibility to adapt to whatever challenges may arise.
Therefore, here are some things to consider before setting out on your trek:
⦿ Physically – You should start working out at least a month before signing up for a program if you want to be physically prepared for the rigours of a journey. Strengthen your legs by jogging and working out regularly to increase your stamina. To better acclimatise to the environment and increase your resilience on the walk, you should give up smoking and undertake breathing exercises twice a day. Engage in vigorous physical activity, such as playing sports, doing Yoga, or running.
⦿ Mentally –
Getting in shape physically is essential, but mental preparation is just as crucial for a successful walk. Take time to enjoy your regular activities, maintain a healthy diet and sleep schedule, and unwind before embarking on a hike. Predictions regarding the journey should not cause mental worry. Spend time with your closest pals to recharge your batteries and renew your spirit. Pre-trek preconceptions are unwarranted since the first contact with the other trekkers is certain to be a source of inspiration and energy. Conditions during the walk will contribute to the increase in mental readiness. The mental repercussions of physical disadvantages will not be ignored. So, when you hike, pay attention to different regions of your body and purposefully relax them. If you want to enjoy your hike, you should learn to loosen up a little, particularly in the hips. Think about your descent as a simple dance, and enjoy the natural rhythms that the path and your body can discover together gradually, whether you're on a flowing downhill route or a frightening slope. Try out a few new walking techniques to add some fun to your commute without worrying about getting somewhere in particular. Maintaining mental fitness mostly requires a willingness to relax and take in the journey, rather than subjecting oneself to undue stress.
Get the right size hiking boots and go for it, from a technical standpoint. You should make use of 60 litres. To become acclimated to carrying heavy items, it is recommended to utilise a backpack on a regular basis. Get a hiking stick, a water bottle, some thermal socks, a fleece or feather coat, some long pants, a poncho, some flip-flops, and any devices you may need like a camera or a power bank (DSLR or digital camera).
➽ Things to Carry
- Good Trekking Boots: You need sturdy trekking boots with supportive high ankles. Don't bring your running shoes. U can carry extra floaters/flip flops also.
- Wear warm clothing, such three-layer coats, fleece upper, hollow fill or down-filled jackets. Carry full-sleeved T-shirt. Carry cotton hiking trek pants and warm pant for your lower body. Never bring shorts or jeans on a hike.
- Take top and bottom thermals with you.
- Quick dry towel with light weight and Personal toiletries. Suns cream lotion, sanitizer, tooth brush ad toothpaste, lip balm and antibacterial powder.
- Socks: Bring two pairs of regular socks and two pair of wool socks for wearing at night.
- A head torch is required.
- Sunglasses/ Goggle: UV-protected sunglasses are necessary to protect against sunlight and Snow Mountain.
- There should also be a woolen cap / balaclava, cap, neck gaiter cum face mask and warm fleece and waterproof summit gloves since it will be chilly. Keep waterproof gloves on hand since they become wet in the snow.
- Everyone taking part in the activity should have their own lunchbox, spoon, mug and water bottle/ hydration pack of 2 ltr.
- Raincoats/ponchos: Since snowfall and rain are frequent at high elevations, it is important to have one on hand so as to avoid getting wet.
- Trekking bag of 75 ltr with rain cover.
- Walking stik.
- Electronics: camera (optional) USB cable/USB solar charger, charger/earphones, Power bank fully charged.
- Personal first aid box. Emergency ration, energy bars, dry fruit, electoral/Ors
- Required Documents:
a) Registration Form
b) Medical Certificate (signed by a licensed MBBS physician)
c) NOC form (completed by the trekker)
d) 2 passport-size photos
e) ID Proof photo (not PAN)
g) Insurance upto 5 lac..
➽ How to Reach
How to reach Manali:
Delhi and Manali are linked nicely. You may travel from Delhi to Manali in 12 to 14 hours via overnight bus (approx 540 KMS). Online ticket reservations are available at www.redbus.in and www.hrtc.gov.in Tip: Given the distance between Delhi and Manali, the majority of Volvo private buses depart Delhi between 5 and 8 p.m. At 8.30 p.m., the final government bus departs from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Between Rs. 1,200 and Rs. 1,800 are charged by Volvo buses each sector from Delhi to Manali and vice versa. Delhi to Manali: Buses depart from Manali for Delhi between 4 and 8 p.m., same like the return trip. You should expect to arrive in Delhi any time between six and ten in the morning. Plan your subsequent trips just after midday, leaving ample time for bus delays.
How to reach Naggar:
Naggar is 18 kilometres from Manali, and there are several buses that operate every 15 minutes. Alternatively, one may get out at Patlikuhal, which is 5 kilometres from Naggar on the right bank highway. Between Kullu and Manali is Patlikuhal. To get to Naggar, you may take a cab or a local bus from Manali or Patlikuhal.
The closest train station is:
Ambala (350 miles) and Chandigarh are the closest railway stations (310 kms). Advice: From Chandigarh to Manali, regular buses and Volvos run in the evening. Volvo buses from Chandigarh to Manali and vice versa charge between Rs. 800 and Rs. 1,200 every sector.
The closest airport:
The closest airport to Manali is Bhuntar, which is 52 kilometres distant. From Bhuntar to Manali, taxi services are available and cost between Rs. 1500 and Rs. 2,500. Air travel between Bhuntar and Delhi is convenient. Airlines providing flights from Delhi and Chandigarh to Kullu include Indian Airlines, Kingfisher Airlines, MDLR Airlines, and Jagson Airlines.
➽ Trip Cost Includes
- Conveyance within the journey.
- Tents that can be shared.
- Advanced and knowledgeable himalayan adventure trips guide.
- Cooks, helpers, and other necessary personnel.
- Vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) along the journey
- Every organisational prerequisite for a journey
- First aid kit with portal oxygen.
- Camping fees and forest permits.
- All permissions for hiking.
- All meals will be supplied while on the hike. Freshly cooked meals will include a mix of indian, chinese, and continental cuisines.
- Lodging at a hotel, guest house, home, or in tents.
- All of the group's trekking equipment (tents at base camp, use of base camp facilities)
- All trip workers, including porters and mules for everyday items (such as food, tents, and utensils)
➽ Trip cost Excludes
- Airfare or other forms of transportation costs.
- Meals and hotel accommodations.
- Personal costs include washing, cell charging, and lodge showers
- Entry permits or permission for the inner line for foreign participants.
- Personal apparel and hiking supplies, such as liners for sleeping bags and walking sticks, are required.
- Any expenditures associated with rescue efforts or an early expedition departure.
- Guides and sherpa crew are tipped.
- Personal porters to carry hikers' packs
- Personal liability insurance or emergency evacuation costs
- Personal purchases (such as bottles of mineral water, bottled or canned drinks, chocolate, dried fruit, presents, etc.).
- From and to the trailhead, food.
- 5% goods and service tax (gst).
➽ Special Casual Leaves
Government employee can avail the benefit of special casual leave when u join us for a trekking expedition. As per the rule of the pay commission, special casual leave can be availed for up to 30 days in a calendar years for trekking and mountaineering expeditions through a register organization. Himalayan adventure trips are a register adventure tour operator register with Indian mountaineering foundation and Himachal Pradesh tourism. Candidates have to apply for leave at least 30 days before the trek/expedition start.
➽ Provided By The Customers
Everything about our visit to Prashar lake was better than we could have imagined. From our initial contact with Himalayan Adventure Trips, we felt their genuine interest in learning about our group's goals and expectations, and our travels with them reinforced at every turn that they not only understood our requirements but also have the acute skill and expertise to achieve them. Having already had such a wonderful experience with this firm, I will be promoting a trek to Prashar lake to all my friends who share my passion for hiking and will specifically recommend that they work with this outfit. Absolutely fantastic; I have nothing but praise for it.